Thursday, May 8, 2014

QVC Special Value BOBBI BROWN SET

This kit was $79 for the kit which is a great value. QVC says it retails for $160 if you bought the products individually. The kit is now ok QVC for $89. Overall I was shocked how much I liked the kit. By far my favorite is the foundation stick and concealer. This is the perfect color for me and works well for my oily skin. This looks just like better skin not like foundation and a little goes a long way in coverage I easily get medium to full coverage by applying with my fingers and using the real techniques expert face brush to buff in. This stuff stays on me all day! I am planning on repurchasing the full size foundation stick ($44). Also the foundation stick is a reformation. BB used to suck for oily people but the new stick is awesome for the oily (well me at least). 

Their corrector is holy grail status. It covers all my imperfections. It's perfect for under the eye. But you must set it and the kit has a translucent powder. 

The eye shadows are decent pigmentation for the mattes. The shimmers are only to go over the mattes similar to the IT Cosmetics "Naturally Pretty" eye shadows. It gives a little shimmer on the eyelid but cannot be worn alone. 

The cream blush is to die for it easily blends and sets on the face and is a perfect rose color for any skin tone! It's a convertible but doesn't work on my lips unless you use it really lightly. I think it's drying on the lips. 

The brown chocolate eye pencil was also a great find. It's is creamy, doesn't budge, and pigmented! I would definitely repurchase!

The lipgloss was not great. I will use it as a topper but there is not really any pigmentation and some shimmer. It has a great feel. Not too sticky but has longevity. The color was just disappointingly. The smell is great a very sweet vanilla. And the shimmer is not painful glitter pieces it's subtle. So not a complete loss on that. 

Overall, love the kit! I'm on auto delivery and can't wait to get the fall colors. And I will repurchase the foundation! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment