Friday, October 25, 2013

New Revlon Balm Stains! Matte and Laquer Balms!

I have been dying to get my hands on these and third CVS is the charm. Also I had $2 ECB and $3 off coupon and a $5 off of $15 and they were BOGo 50% off. So I paid like $17 for all 4!! I picked up two lacquer balm stains and two matte stains. From Left to right I got: 
- 120 Vivacious (hot pink lacquer)
- 115 Whimsical (Mauve- pink lacquer)
- 240 Striking (fire truck orangey - red matte)
- 225 Sultry ( brown toned, neutral to mauve matte)


Here are the lip swatches:

- 120 Vivacious (hot pink lacquer)

- 115 Whimsical (Mauve- pink lacquer)


- 225 Sultry ( brown toned, plum to mauve matte)

- 240 Striking (fire truck orangey - red matte)


Overall this are awesome, better staying power and color pay off than the original balm stains and of course easy to apply. They do not transfer easy like the apocalips by rimmel which a good wind put them al over my face. The staining power is legit too! They are not drying at all but if you have dry patches all balm stains seem to accentuate that (except the matte ones do not as much). These are better than the original ones by far. Even eating and drinking I only need to reapply a couple times a day compared to the originals which I would constantly reapply like lip balm. I am tempted to go get more!!  Also they are minty if anyone is wondering. The lacquer ones are basically identical to the tarte lip pencils (I have two of those) the formula and look is pretty much identical! I think the color payoff is a bit better in the Revlon ones though!

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2013/09/first-look-new-revlon-colorburst.html
Above is a link to a blog that shows the balm stains at a CVS. My CVS was a bit picked over and I really wanted the orangey- lacquer one.

Here is a quick review by Glamlifeguru on them its awesome take a peek!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsE4HbrX2pA

Enjoy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment