Wednesday, December 4, 2013

New Mac Lipsticks!

I went to the outlets and Cinci a couple of weekends ago and lucked out. One the Cosmetic Company Store (People call these CCOs or CCSs) had a couple of MAC things I fell in love with. I got a lipstick and a set of pigments for a nice glittery eye for New Years Eve. Everything was marked down about 40% off or more I think I paid $24 for four biggish size pigments(colors pink, silver, orange, and pale peach) and $10.50 for the lipstick. I also hit a MAC counter and got another lipstick.

This is a lovely reddish-brown frost colored lipstick that is perfect for everyday use. I love the formula it is quite lasting and has that nice sheen to it. Also this is not drying at all. This is a perfect color that is refurbished 90s color that doesn't really work anymore getting a tune up for today. Also metallics are a new trend and for me this is the only way that I feel I could pull a frosted or metallic looking lip off.
Here is a lip swatch, its called: "Chic"


Here is a holy grail color. It feels like everyone loves this color. This is "Girl About Town" (retail $15) it is an amplified. This is a bright fuchsia and the formula is the most lasting formula compared to everything else from MAC. This stayed on through an entire food tour. This is probably my favorite formula by MAC. Apparently, Spellbound by Covergirl isa dupe for this, if you are looking for a cheaper version.


If you have a chance to look at your local CCS you will be able to get some awesome deals! Apparently they get new stuff almost weekly. They had a bunch of the Viva Glam sets and some of the "Hey Sailor!" sets were in when I was there. So be on the lookout there is some awesome and cheap stuff!!! CCS's carry Estee Lauder, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Bumble and Bumble, and much more! I cannot believe this was the first time I have ever been to one! I also got an Estee Lauder lipstick which I will review later!


(sorry pigments not pictured yet…)

Thanks for reading! What is your favorite MAC lipstick??

No comments:

Post a Comment